Sunday, November 20, 2016

Ways to Embrace Illness


 
 
 I'm slowly starting to feel a little Christmasy; the weather is getting colder, I've been making some cozy hats, wrapping up warm and drinking lots of piping hot chocolate.  I've also worn one of my Christmas jumpers for a special day at nursery.  But the one thing that is getting me excited about Christmas this year-I'm taking part in two swaps.  A Secret Santa Swap at work and a Stitching Santa Swap online.  I already know my work swap partner, and I've received my email from Sewchet telling me who my swap partner is online!! This is the first time I've taken part in this Stitching Santa Swap, and I'm so excited. I've been having a good look at all the blogs of the people participating and also stalking my swap partners blog to get some ideas.

What else have I been up to? I decided to subscribe to a craft box when I was off work poorly with an earache.  I had heard of the box a while back and did have a peek at it but never took the plunge.  Being ill kind of sealed the deal, you know needing a treat and a bit of cheering up.Lol! I initially thought I would just buy the Autumn Box and then cancel the direct debit, but this isn't going to happen now.  I was so impressed by the box contents (pattern book, crochet hook. yarn, sewing needle, ribbon, badge fittings, acorn stitch marker and squirrel badge) that I'm now thinking let's keep it up and see what the next few bring.  I was also quick of the mark and treated myself to the second book of Making called Fauna on the day it was released.  I missed the first books release and couldn't find a seller anywhere in the UK, so I made the decision to purchase it from abroad. The book arrived at the beginning of the week just past but I kept the viewing of it until this weekend; work was busy with a Care Inspectorate visit, and this was my treat for getting through it. I'm an oddball I know. 

I've also been busy, as I mentioned earlier, making hats.  Did you know Downton Abbey the TV series have their own yarn? I've never watched an episode even though I love period dramas and I'm probably way behind everyone else discovering the yarn.  I purchased a few different colours from Amazon, and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.  The hat in the blog post is Hermione's Hat made in the Downton Abbey yarn named Matthew in the colourway Harvest Gold. This hat is going to be a firm favourite of mine for this winter; I can see me wearing it loads.  The second yarn I purchased at the same time is named Lady Mary; a gorgeous jewel red with silver strands running through it. This is also destined to be turned into a hat but nothing has jumped out at me pattern wise just yet.

Shop update:  Made by Sun Rae

I've added a few handknits for adults and children to my store and hope to add more in the following couple of days. Please pop over and have a look by clicking the link above or by using the Folksy button on the side-bar.

I will be back soon with some more goodies and news.  I'm going to go now and top up the bird feeders in the garden. Stay warm and be good to yourselves. 

Much love

xoxo xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx