Sunday, March 13, 2016

How to cheer yourself up in 3 easy steps!

Yarn, chocolate and puppy cuddles. 




I apologise for not posting last week; Mother's Day. It was a bit of a topsy-turvy day in that my mum dropped a huge bombshell in the form of illness, which I'm not going to go into, as it's incredibly sad.  So last week I didn't want to post or I couldn't find the words to, so I decided to stay off the Internet altogether. 

This week, I've been getting smothered by my large puppy; Bean, eating chocolate (bunny paw), joining a new yarn club and trying out some new dpn's.  I bought the shiny new needles a couple of months ago but never got round to using them; they are Knit Pro Zings. I started out using metal knitting pins when I was learning to knit (aged five) then I stopped crafting all together and later returned to the art when I was in my mid-twenties, again, I took to using metal needles. Then, in my mid-thirties, I noticed my hands and fingers felt sore after knitting and decided to research what was happening.  I found that quite a few knitters, just like me were experiencing painful hands with metal pins and their solution was to change to bamboo or wooden pins.  I really didn't want to give up my returning hobby so I thought I would give the Knit Pro Symfonie (beautiful coloured wood) range a go. They've worked a treat not only for my knitting but for my hand pain too.   So, I hear you ask 'Why, have you returned to metal needles?' Well, I don't plan on using them all the time, I've heard great things about them; so smooth to work with, they are stunning to look at; each size comes in a different colour and fingers crossed (I've only started using them) but so far I've had no hand pain (long may this continue).

The yarn club box is from a British seller called Yarny Love UK, this is the first time I have used this seller.  I did have to wait a couple of weeks for my treasure to arrive, but I think I was one of the first people to join.  The contents of the box; Easter theme coloured yarn, a bag of buttons (sewing variety as in the UK we have something called Cadbury's chocolate buttons), a tealight holder and candle, a flower keyring and a Lindt Chocolate Bunny Paw (which I'm ashamed to say I scoffed almost immediately, as I needed cheering up) (my puppy Bean also sensed I needed cheering up, so she dumped her large head on my lap). Sorry, got side tracked; all in all, I think the box was a winner. Would I use this seller again? Most certainly, yes!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx