Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Jar!

A couple of months ago I was reading some blogs, and I found an idea I wanted to try. One particular blog had a post about a happy jar - a place where you can put all your happy memories so you will never forget them. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to write journals, letters, take photos so my memories would never be lost, but alas I somehow start off with good intentions and then lose my way. That was until I read about the happy jar, and I knew I had to make one for myself! And here it is:


Mason Jar with a hand knitted eyelet cover and polka dot ribbon


Anytime I get good news or something memorable happens, I'm going to write it down and fold the paper and put it in my jar.  I want this jar to be fun, not an obligation;  which means I may have four things to write in a day or I may have none.  Both are equally fine with me, after all I don't want this to become a chore, I want to try and keep it going throughout the year. So here are some ideas to get me started:
- Something that made me smile
- A goal I have accomplished
- A healthy choice I made
- Who I spent time with
- A memory or good story
- A lucky break or something that felt “meant to be”
- Nice weather
- A second chance
I'm hoping by New Years Eve 2014 I will have quite a collection to read through and perhaps if I look back on 2014 and feel maybe things didn't  go so well, these happy statements will tell me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx